Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
St. Paul's Episcopal Church (now Cathedral)
Builder: Aeolian-Skinner Organ Co., Inc. Year: 1955 Opus: 1264
No. manuals: 3 No. stops: 39 No. ranks: 37 No. pipes: 2,145 GREAT ORGAN SWELL ORGAN
Source: Allen Kinzey
Photo Source: Jeff Scofield
Notes: Op. 1264, which replaced 1917 3-manual Austin Op. 700, was first played in recital on Palm Sunday in 1958. But, the dedication recital by Virgil Fox was not held until October 20, 1960. The organ was installed on each side of the chancel, with the Great and part of the Pedal exposed in front of each chamber.
The organ was tonally altered by Roger Banks at some time, and mechanically overhauled by Thomas Cotner in 1984. The organ was slightly damaged by the bombing of the nearby Murrah Federal Building in 1995, but the cathedral was declared unsafe and required extensive rebuilding. At that time, it was decided to move the organ and choir to a new gallery in the rear, which proved too small to accommodate the Aeolian-Skinner. It was sold to an Episcopal parish in the diocese. A new 2-manual instrument by Buzard Organ Builders was installed in the gallery.
Organ Historical Society Database: https://pipeorgandatabase.org/OrganDetails.php?OrganID=18121