New England Conservatory
Builder: Aeolian-Skinner Organ Co., Inc. Year: 1949 Opus: 1200 No. manuals: 2 No. stops: 25 No. ranks: 8 No. pipes: 596 HAUPTWERK POSITIV PEDAL 8' Prinzipal B 8' Bordon A 16' Bordon A 8' Bordon A 4' Prestant B 8' Flöte B 4' Prinzipal B 4' Gemshorn C 8' Bordon A 4' Flöte A 2 2/3' Nasat A 4' Super Octave B 2 2/3' Quint C 2' Gemshorn C 4' Gemshorn C 2' Super Octave B 1 3/5' Terz D III Mixture E III Grave Mixture E 1' Sifflöte A 8' Trompete F 8' Trompete F III Scharf E 4' Clarion F 8' Trompete F ANALYSIS A Bordon 109 pipes B Prinzipal 85 pipes C Gemshorn 73 pipes D Terz (TC) 37 pipes E Mixture III 219 pipes F Trompete 73 pipes
Photo Source: Neal Campbell
Notes: This organ was originally built as a showpiece for the 1950 AGO convention. Upon installation in the New England Conservatory several ranks were replaced. The copper Bourdon and the hooded Trumpet were incorporated into the organ in St. Paul's Cathedral, Boston (Op. 1207). The Principal was installed in the Great division in the Cathedral of St. John the Divine (Op. 150A) in New York City. A Quintaten was substituted for the Principal on the practice instrument and a softer Bourdon was provided.
The organ was removed after a few years and sold to Harley Piltingsrud in Cincinnati, OH. He restored the instrument to its original specification but retained the Quintade and added a 16' octave to the Trumpet.
Organ Historical Society Database: https://www.pipeorgandatabase.org/OrganDetails.php?OrganID=34815